What is Functional Fitness?
Functional fitness is a whole-body synergistic approach to fitness training that focuses on using multiple muscle groups in an integrated fashion, rather than using a series of weight machines to work out individual muscle groups.
Functional fitness is often referred to as â€śtraining for life,â€ť because it focuses on preparing your body to eliminate pain and discomfort while you perform daily activities, such as walking, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs.
Functional fitness exercises:
- Improve flexibility and stability
- Promote coordination and agility
- Improve balance and posture
- Work multiple muscle groups in an integrated fashion
- Increase muscle activity and density
- Burn more calories while building strength
- Protect against muscle deterioration due to inactivity and the normal aging process
- Reduce the boredom and â€śexercise dropout factorâ€ť found in machine-based programs
- Provide a safe, effective, and fun method for achieving your fitness goals.